Pages

Labels

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Fingerless gloves

This week I have made a start on something that has been on my to-do list for over a month. I have several Christmas markets coming up and fingerless gloves have been popular at previous events so I wanted to make some more.

Obviously they need to be strokably soft, so I decided to use some hand dyed alpaca I had left over from another project and combined it with some lovely merino for the green and orange pairs.

Here they are after laying out the fibres.



And once dry:




I also made a "rainbow" pair from merino, they are a little bit shorter than I planned but are quite wide so will suit larger hands.


And I started this piece too - can you guess what it is yet?

Linking up to nina-marieoff the wall Friday

8 comments:

  1. A beret! Your gloves are lovely! Very inviting looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Galina, they are very comfortable to wear - it is so tempting to keep them! Not a a beret but I can see why you would think that.... ;)

      Delete
  2. Fingerless gloves are popular here too. All those texters :) Perhaps another pod?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I confess that is why I like fingerless gloves too - can't bear to be parted from my phone! ;) You know me too well Ruth, it is a pod but there is something a little bit special about this one....

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Teri :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zed, the rainbow ones remind me of your work :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful work, Teri! Thanks for your comments on my post. Per your question..wool gauze will be easier for you to get than for me. Link- http://www.whaleys-bradford.ltd.uk/arctic-wool-gauze-natural-dyeing

    ReplyDelete