Pages

Labels

Monday 27 October 2014

Lichen #2 and some machine embroidery

As promised here are some photos of the second lichen on bark piece, this one took much longer than the first to complete and I  think that was largely due to the number of resists that needed cutting and placing (more than 40 in total) but, at last, it is finished.



I have spent most of today working through my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box in preparation for the Sonning exhibition on Sunday. This has almost exclusively involved machine embroidery.









And this piece was inspired by some sunset photos I took in North Devon a few weeks ago:


I plan to use it to cover a ring binder, hence the embroidery design is only on the right hand side.

And I made some leaves to turn the silk flowers into brooches:


I have also been working on a new bag that I think is rather exciting but more on that next time... :)


5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a lot of work you're getting done. The lichen piece is cool and I love machine embroidery on felt. But my absolute favorite is the sunset in North Devon - it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth, I am rather fond of the ring binder cover too, it's going to be hard to put it up for sale, I want to keep it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Very inspiring as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embroidered pieces Teri! You must have the patience of a saint working with 40 resists :) Love the lichen x

    ReplyDelete